LAGOS FASHION WEEK 2018 - GETTING FEATURED ON VOGUE

Lagos Fashion week is one of the biggest fashion events in West Africa. An annual event which sets to bring influencers, bloggers, creatives, fashion enthusiasts, and other individuals from all around Africa and even beyond.. The event which kicked off with a cocktail event which was a precedent to the four days event that spanned between October 24th & October 27th 2018.

There was a strictly by invite dinner held on the first day, and the other days were for the Shows & Exhibitions and also an opportunity for display of street styles.


WHY I CHOSE TO ATTEND THE EVENT
I chose to attend the Fashion week to showcase my style on a wider platform and to feed my eyes with the diverse street styles of individuals present.

WHAT I INTENDED TO GAIN FROM THE EVENT
Profitable relationships resulting from meeting and connecting with creative individuals and also getting inspired fashion-wise from the street styles displayed by the individuals present.



DAY TWO - THURSDAY
Prior to the commencement of the fashion week, I was quite certain I wasn’t going to attend the event because of my demanding 9-5, except from the last day anyway which fell on a weekend, but I somehow found my way around it.

Luckily, day two was my day off from work as a result of my enrolment in the National Youth Service corps program.

I got there quite early, and I met a few people already present. I took photos & videos of outfits I loved.

WHAT I WORE:
For day two i was trying to depict the retro fashion, hence, my baggy two-piece, scarf & converses.



DAY 3 - FRIDAY
This was a working day and I figured if at all I wanted to attend, I had to utilize my break time, and boom, that was it, I spent a little over an hour there and I had a nice time even if I didn’t get to spend as long as I would have wanted. On this day, I granted an interview with EVA CHANNEL even if I don’t usually grant instantaneous interviews, just because I don’t want to be caught saying rubbish on Krakstv lmao.

WHAT I WORE:
For day four i opted to depict the African contemporary Fashion, hence, my Belted-two piece Ankara prints paired with fila sneakers.

DAY 4/FINALE  - SATURDAY

This was a weekend, so I planned to stay longer than the previous days but not as long as the runways only because they sometimes start as late as 9pm and finish the showcase around midnight, and that’s very inconvenient for me.

There were so many people in attendance on this day being the last day which meant so many street styles to behold. I was totally in awe of how how Africans are so creative, from Ankara prints to batik to patterns, it was a great sight.

WHAT I WORE:
For day four i opted to redefine 90's fashion by styling prints on dungarees, this was coming after i transformed the dungarees by cutting a portion of it a way so it can now be a short dungaree, then i paired it with socks and chelsea boots to maintain that old school vibe i was trying to portray.


GETTING FEATURED ON VOGUE



Even if the paparazzi from Day 2 & Day 3 was on the high end, Day 4 was definitely on the highest end, as more photographers took pictures of my OOTD, some curious about how I came about the styling, they seemed to really like it.

I also granted interviews yet again, and eventually got featured on British Vogue, Vogue Italia, Vogue Germany & Vogue Australia Under the fashion Section of “Best street styles from Lagos fashion week 2018”.


Vogue is arguably one of the most influential fashion magazines in the world and getting featured across four countries amongst all other countries within their scope was indeed overwhelming


STREET STYLES I LOVED:

in no particular order...





I hope you had a glimpse of my experience at Lagos Fashion Week 2018? Which of my outfits was your favorite (Look 1, 2 or 3)? Which of the street style was your favorite? Let me know what you think in the comments. Thanks for stopping by!

Love, Tijesu.






2 comments:

  1. Omg, how am i just reading this vogue feature post! Super proud of you TJ. Also, your outfits are literally THE BOMB. Please teach me your ways! Lol. Definitely looking forward to your next post 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all your looks! Nice Post

    chroniclesoftej.com

    ReplyDelete

Adbox

@tijesu.o